Sunday, January 1, 2012

Essie "Shine of the times" luxe effects!

Happy New Years everyone! I hope everyone had a great time last night and no one's too hungover today ;) To the business!

Lately I've really been into glitter polishes (thanks to one Posh! You can read her blog here). So about a month ago, I did an Ulta haul and got Essie's luxe effects in "Shine Of The Times". Let me start off by saying that this is my first "flakie" coat and I'm in love. When paired over a black creme, it's just amazing. 

(Quick note: I apologize for the crappy Blackberry pictures! My camera seems to have taken a vacation!)




This is what the bottle looks like. You can't really tell by looking at the bottle just how amazing this flakie is. This was taken in indirect sunlight.


So you can't really see the individual flakes, but can you see the holo magic going on?! This is one coat of Shine over one coat of Wet N Wild wild shine black creme (I received it in a secret santa package from Posh!) I'll do a quick review of the WnW another day. I love this combination, the black creme just enhances Shine! For this manicure, I used Opi's natural base coat and Seche Vite fast drying top coat. 

All in all, I'm very pleased to have this as part of my collection. I mentioned earlier that I had gotten this from Ulta.. But when I checked Ulta's website, I couldn't find it! I think these may be limited edition as a part of the Winter Collection (sorry I'll definitely double check this though). But you still may be able to find it at your local drug store, if they carry any Essie polishes! 

Once again happy new years everyone! 










Disclaimer: I purchased Shine with my own money, I'm not affiliated with any cosmetics companies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment