Monday, May 21, 2012

Zoya "Phoebe" Review and Swatches

First off I want to apologize for a completely unintended hiatus. Life has been extremely hectic as of lately but I'm starting a series of scheduled posts (this being the first of them) So let's see how this works out.

So lately, I've really been getting into nail polish. I have many, many untrieds thanks to my friend Jess (you can check her blog out here). Well, I also have many trieds so it's even, lol. Since I've moved (twice in a month!) I've actually had more time to reorganize all my polish related things and I've also got tons of polish projects that I want to do! But most of them will have to wait until I move yet again (long story, to come later)! Onto the polish!




"Phoebe" (Without topcoat)


Phoebe is from the Mod Matte Summer 2011 collection. I got my bottle during their buy 3 get 3 free. Having just looked at Zoya's website (at time of writing), Phoebe isn't available to purchase. 

I hate the formula. Okay to be fair, I did use a base coat. But I don't think that using base coat should have resulted in major bald spots and VNL after two coats. It looks (and feels) dry in seconds but still nicks and can be rubbed off like nothing.


"Phoebe" (With topcoat)


I like it better with topcoat. But it doesn't wow me. The pictures make this manicure look much better then it actually does in real life. The topcoat brings out the electric blue shimmer, that isn't visible at all if you don't use one. 

I definitely need to revisit this without using a base coat and see what difference it will make. For now, it's a potential swap. 

Cheers!




*This product was purchased by me with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment