Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Birthday Ulta Haul :)

So my birthday was a few weeks ago (happy belated to me XD) and my aunt took me to Ulta for my birthday! At first, the only thing I really wanted were three Opi spiderman polishes, but when I showed them to my aunt and told her I was ready to go, she said "That's it? Go pick out your freaking birthday present!" So of course, with a shopping bag in hand, I went to pick out some more polish! (And some other things!) 

First up, the polish 



First Row

Orly "Artificial Sweetner"
Butter London "Trout Pout"
Zoya "Charla"

Second Row

Opi "Strawberry Margherita"
Opi "Just Spotted The Lizard!"
Opi Topcoat (free with any purchase of two Opi polishes)
Opi "Shatter The Scales"
Opi "Number One Nemesis"

Third Row

China Glaze "Liquid Crystal" (Prismatic)
China Glaze "Peachy Keen"

From this list of polishes, I've used "Charla", "Peachy Keen", "Trout Pout" (it was actually my birthday mani!), "Just Spotted The Lizard" and "Shatter The Scales" so far! 




Nyx Round case lipstick "Shiva"

Nyx Za Za Zu mascara 

Real Techniques eye brush kit

Real Techniques stippling brush

Bodycology lotion "Vanilla Cupcake"


I promise I'll review the real technique brushes in depth, but I need to rave about them for a moment! I'm in LOVE with these brushes! Of course I love Nyx round case lipsticks and I plan on doing a review/swatch post sometime soon of the colors I currently own. The bodycology lotion smells so good! It reminds me of birthday cake. 

I was so grateful that my aunt let me pick all these things out! My aunt also got herself some things like lotion, a scrub and a foot scrub and some other things. 

Overall my cousin and I had good birthdays (we're only a day apart). My cousins (his brothers) took us out to dinner and to see the Avengers. The Avengers was amazing and I loved every moment of it! Of course I did an Iron man inspired mani! This was my first attempt at nail art so don't judge me too harshly, :P.


 For this manicure, I used China Glaze's "Ruby Pumps" and "Champagne Bubbles". First I started with Ruby Pumps and then, using scotch tape, layered Champagne bubbles over it. In hindsight, that was a little ambitious of me and I should have started off with CB then Ruby. Live and learn, right? I still liked the look and my friends said these were perfect Iron Man colors. 


Whew, this is probably the longest post I've done since my favorite products of 2011 post! 


Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment