Saturday, June 2, 2012

Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-cream.. A First & Last Look

  Hello again! Now that summer is basically in full swing, it's time to switch to lighter, warmer weather friendly routines. I have really dry and sensitive skin. I've always had issues with cleansers that irritate my face if I wash my face more then three days in a row and use a moisturizer. So I've been constantly switching out products! I finally found a cleanser that is gentle enough for my face and I thought I had finally found the HG moisturizer..









  
  This is Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-cream (whew what a mouthful!). I've read such good reviews on this product, and at least one of my friends loved it. Please note that I've only used this once.. And that one time was a make it or break it. In this case, my face broke out instantly. I had washed my face about 20 mins prior to applying this. As I was sitting at the kitchen table (after applying) I felt my face start to feel really itchy. At first I ignored it, because my face has felt itchy before since my skin is really dry. Then I decided to go check my face out in the bathroom. Oh. My. God. I started getting red splotches all over my face. 




   
  It's a thin gel consistency that glides easily over the skin. I wanted to love this, I really did. As soon as I saw the red splotches, I raced downstairs to the other bathroom (where I keep my skincare and make up) and immediately washed my face with Clean & Clear's face wash for sensitive skin. Then I followed up with Kate Somerville's "Exfliokate" exfoliating mask. Luckily this managed to reverse what the gel-cream did to my face. 









  
 I don't think I would recommend this for anyone, honestly. And not just because of the awful experience I had. The third ingredient listed is "Alcohol Denat." Denaturant is added to alcohol to make it taste bad and is required by the FDA (according to Cosmeticsinfo.org) Alcohol is bad for your skin, it dries it out. So why is there alcohol in this product? On the front of the packaging, Grape water extract is advertised as though it's the main ingredient, which is not. It's actually listed as the twelfth ingredient. So there isn't too much of it in the product. Bleh, I wanted this product to work and it certainly doesn't. 




  Needless to say, this has been returned and the hunt for an HG moisturizer continues..




14/26! 






*This product was purchased by me with my own money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment