Monday, June 4, 2012

May Favorites

Hello everyone! Today, I'll be showing you my favorite products for the month of May. These aren't necessarily products that I bought during the month. On to the make up!







Elf Studio Mineral Powder Brush- I absolutely LOVE this brush for blush. Well I love it for all powders but especially blush. Other blush brushes don't let the blush show up on me (if that makes any sense) but with this, I can actually see the blush and it creates a nice glow. I also love it for the Revlon Colorstay aqua mineral finishing powder and the Physicians Formula pressed powder (shown here).


Organix Moroccan Argan Oil- When I first purchased this, I didn't really care for it. Until I realized how bad my flyaways were on the days I didn't use this product! I don't see a huge difference when I straighten my hair (my hair is naturally curly) but when I go au natural, it makes a world of difference.


Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (Strawberry Shortcake)- Actually Strawberry Shortcake gets the least amount of love right now because of how light it is. But in general, I love the lip butters and I was reaching for one almost every day for the month. 


Physicians Formula Multi-Colored Pressed Powder "Natural Glow"- I initially purchased this because of the BOGO free peelie on the packaging. Having never tried any PF products before this one, I figured why not? Even if I only liked the blush, at least I didn't pay full price for both. It was love during the first application! It gives my complexion a nice glow without looking shiny. Definitely would love to try more PF products because the great experience I've been having with this powder!


Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush "Warm"- Usually I don't care for cute packaging or design. Actually, I usually think it's gimmicky and cheap looking. But for this blush, it works and I love it! I swirl around all the colors and it gives me a nice, rosy glow. It kind of reminds me of Nars Orgasm blush. Hm, I'll have to do a comparison so keep an eye out for that! 


Jordana Fabuliner "Black"- I think I might call this my holy grail of pen liquid liners. It lasts all day on my dry lids and it's so easy to use! Now I just need Jordana to release this in more colors. I would definitely buy them all!


Elf Studio Mascara Primer- I've never really had issues with my mascara flaking but I love using this product! This is my second or third tube so far. It conditions my lashes and helps them look fuller!


NYX Za Za Zu Luscious Volume Mascara- I got this as part of my birthday gift haul from Ulta. I've been loving it so far and will probably purchase one for myself. Of all the volume promising mascaras I've tried to date, this one gives me the most volume.


Buxom Lash Mascara- This was actually one of my favorite products of 2011. So is it really surprising that it made it onto my first monthly favorites list? This is my second full sized tube. Amazing length and pretty good volume. I always feel like an old time movie star when I apply this!


Philosophy Hope In A Tinted Moisturizer "Light To Medium"- I stopped using this for a bit when I was having a very short love affair with Tarte's Amazonian Clay Tinted Moisturizer. But then the Tarte TM expired within two months and I was back to trying other products that hopefully wouldn't oxidize on my face (hint: They did!). Oh Philosophy, thank you for not oxidizing on my face and not expiring within two months!




So there you have it! My May favorites! Also just wanted to give a shout out to my new follower, Amber. You can check out her blog here! What are some of your May favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment