Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Hunt For a Perfect "Silk Stockings" Polish Part One

  Hey there! About a month ago or so, I read a post from K2K over at Polish or Perish about having a "silk stockings" polish. You know, the polish that's slightly sheer but opaque enough to cover any nastiness on your nails. So while I was in Michigan, I picked up some polishes that looked like they could be "silk stockings" material. Today I have Wet N Wild Megalast nail color in "Private Viewing" to show you as the first potential candidate.



  To see more pictures, click "read more". You know you want to ;).






  She's gorgeous, yes. But silk stockings worthy? Nope. This is three coats and it needed all three. My ideal silk stockings is two coats but preferably one. Private Viewing is good for mannequin hands though. 




  I do like you, Miss Private Viewing. But you're not quite what I'm looking for. I kind of got bored of this quickly so I threw two coats of Opi's "Last Friday Night" over it. Which is going to be its own post because it was too dark to take a good picture when I layered LFN over it. And just one more of PV for fun.





  I bought this on my last day in Michigan with Jessica. We stopped at CVS and Wet n Wild was BOGO half off. I'll be showing the other polish some day haha. Next up will be Deborah Lippman's "Ray Of Light" (which isn't a silk stocking candidate :P)! And eventually, I'll swatch the possible RBL "Scrangie" dupe. I actually wore it but didn't get a chance to take any pictures! The hunt for the perfect silk stockings polish continues! 

No comments:

Post a Comment