Saturday, March 21, 2015

FOTD: High Voltage fail

**All products mentioned were purchased by me


  It's been a while since I shared an FOTD. I know past FOTDs have focused on the eyes but today, I'm focusing more on my lips.


                          


  Where do I even begin with the Nyx High Voltage lipstick? Admittedly I've only worn it once so far (at time of writing). But I expect a little more from Nyx. The shade on my lips is Privileged. It looked beautiful on the first pass. But even in the picture, you can see it melting into the lines of lips. Lines, might I add, that didn't seem to exist before putting this on. My lips have been super dry thanks to Lady Winter, admittedly. But I had that all squared away with a new lip balm that has been doing awesome things. Well you wouldn't be able to tell thanks to this lipstick. I'm not going to write these off just yet based on this one color but I'm wary now. 


Face

Hourglass Mineral Veil primer
Sephora Teint Infusion foundation "26 Peach"
Laura Geller Balance -n- Brighten foundation (used to set) "Medium"
Nyx Wonderstick "Medium"
Becca Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle "Watermelon/Moonstone"

Eyes
Milani Eyeshadow primer
Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate bar 
Revlon Bold Lacquer mascara

Brows
Jordana Brow powder duo "03 Dark"
Loreal Brow Stylist Plumper "Medium to Dark"

Lips
Nyx High Voltage lipstick "Privileged"

No comments:

Post a Comment