Friday, March 2, 2012

Shimmer City look (And an apology)

So much for consistently posting! >_< Life has been very.. Interesting, to say the very least, haha! I've been really busy with work and getting ready to move! Okay well not all that busy with getting ready to move, more of work haha. I haven't been doing too many looks either but listening to Adele has restarted my creativity and desire to play in product! Hehe, so I'm calling this look "Shimmer City" because I wasn't sure quite what else to call it.. 

Check it! 





So these are the products I used for this look:

Elf studio pigment in "Golden Goddess"

Wet N Wild Coloricon "Comfort Zone" palette (the brown side)

Elf Make up Lock and Seal (for the pigment)

Elf Studio Volume Plumping Mascara 

Elf Studio Mascara Primer

NYC Liquid Lipshine in "Nude York City"






For an all over lid color, I used the color with "eyelid" imprinted, then I brushed the "crease" color into my crease. I used the applicator included with "Comfort Zone". Then I patted the "definer" color on the outer corner and went over it with a little of the "eyelid" color. And then I patted some of the "browbone color" on to my brow bone and the inner tear duct using my elf studio shadow brush. For my waterline, I wet my liner brush with the lock and seal and dipped it in the pigment. Note, if you have sensitive eyes, this bit can be irritating.. I lined my eyes from inner to outer corner. Normally I wear primer under all my eye shadow but I skipped it for this look. Just remember, primer is your best friend! 

For the lashes, I did one coat of the elf mascara primer and then two coats of the elf volume and plumping mascara. It's a new product for the 2012 releases    from the company. I actually really like it. (It's worth noting that I've never really been impressed by elf's other mascaras.) A more in depth review is on the way (I promise!). 

Do you own any of these products? How do you like them? Let's discuss! 

No comments:

Post a Comment