Saturday, July 21, 2012

China Glaze "For Audrey" and Color Club "Blue Ming" Comparison and review


  Hello! Just eight more days before I visit Jess! I'm so excited! So today I have a comparison of China Glaze's "For Audrey" and Color Club's "Blue Ming". I received a mini bottle of BM in my July birchbox (contents coming soon!). As soon as I saw it, it reminded me of For Audrey in the bottle. Does it compare? Check it after the jump!



  Side by side, you can see BM leans more light blue whereas FA is dustier. 


Index and Ring fingers- Blue Ming
Middle and Pinkie- For Audrey

  Nope, they're not even that similar. BM is more pastel and light blue and FA has a certain dusty quality when you hold it against a color like BM. 


  
  There are plenty of differences to justify owning both (if you have a weakness for colors like this). But if you're going to discard one or the other because of formula? For Audrey is the winner. I did three coats of each. The first coat of FA was smooth, no streaking. BM's first coat was streaky (though it's possible that the mini brush is to blame). The second coat of FA was still smooth and no bald spots. BM's second coat, still kind of streaky and there was a bald spot or two because I didn't wait long enough between coats. The third coat of FA was just as smooth and got rid of any VNL. BM's third coat mostly got rid of the streaking but it was still slightly visible in real life. You can kind of see it in the picture. 


  All in all, Blue Ming is a pretty color but I prefer For Audrey more. If I ever find another polish that is a dupe of Blue Ming but with a better formula, then BM would no longer have a place in my helmer. 


  Do you own Blue Ming or For Audrey? Which do you prefer? Let me know! 





**For Audrey was purchased by me with my own money. Blue Ming was received in my July birchbox which is paid for by me with my own money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment